- How many can The Yacht Club cater for?
We can cater from 30 – 250 guests.
- How often can we view the venue?
You are welcome as often as you like, but please call first to make sure the venue is able to be viewed.
- How do we confirm our booking?
To make a booking we will take a tentative booking and hold the date for you for 2 weeks, to confirm your date we require 50% of the full venue hire amount (see our terms and conditions for more details on the payment process)
- Does the Yacht Club have car parking available?
Yes we have lots of parking spaces available and the overflow is able to use the marina carpark.
- Do you offer a wet weather option?
Yes, we can clear a room for you to hold your ceremony inside should the weather not be pleasant on the day.
- How do we reserve the grass area for our ceremony?
You need to contact the council (parks and reserves) this can be done online at the Tauranga City Council website under Exploring.
- What time do we have to leave The Yacht Club?
Bar closes at 12am midnight and guests are required to vacate the premises shortly after. You then should have time to take down decorations and clear the venue before 1am.
- Can I pick up decorations the next day?
No sorry all decorations must be removed on the night of your function.
- When can we get in to set up?
If we have no function on the day prior you are welcome to arrange to come in after 3pm, we cannot however confirm this until 1 week prior, and in the event of a function been booked during that week we will notify you straight away to arrange another suitable time for set up.
- Are Children Welcome and what is the cost for them?
Yes Children are more than welcome providing they are supervised by a parent/guardian.
The cost for children 3-12 years is 50% of the menu price, under 3 is free.
- Do you have highchairs for available?
No sorry we don’t have highchairs but you are welcome to bring your own in.
- When do you need menu choice and numbers by?
We meet approximately 2 weeks prior to your function to discuss menus, numbers and other requirements.
- When do you need absolute final numbers?
We need to know by the Wednesday before, we will charge you for this number even if people don’t turn up.
- Can we bring in our own caterers?
No, however we will work with you to tailor a menu to suit what you want.
- Can I make changes to the menu or write my own menu?
You can make changes or send in your own menu. Once we have received your menu changes or own menu we then pass this on to the Chef to confirm we are able to supply and a price, once we have this back from the Chef we will forward it on to you.
- Do you cater for Dietary Requirements?
Yes, our chef will cater for any requirements.
- If there is food left over can we take it?
No sorry, our chef caters for more than you have booked for so we don’t run out of food and there is still ample left for the last people going through the buffet. Food safety standards specify that food cannot be removed from the premises.
- Can we have our wedding cake for dessert?
Yes you are welcome to use your cake for dessert or have it with tea & coffee later in the evening.
- Can we do our own drinks outside after the ceremony?
Yes you are welcome to self-cater outside, but you must supply everything yourself and take all rubbish away and ensure the area is left tidy.
- Can we take left over wine from the tables with us?
No, we do not have an off – licence therefore all alcohol must be consumed or remain on the premises.
- Do we need to pay for any leftover wine we have on the tables?
You pay per bottle so any leftover wine is paid for.
- Can we BYO wine?
No, we are a fully licenced venue but are happy to work with you to design a beverage package to suit your needs.
- Do you do subsidised drinks instead of bar tabs?
Yes, we can do anything you like with regards to tabs on the bar.
- Do we have to have a bar tab?
No, a lot of people have a cash bar. There are many options to suit every budget and we can do whatever you would like to do.
- Do you recommend services such as bands, D.J’s, celebrants, photographers etc?
Yes we have a list of recommendations we are constantly updating.
- Can we have a Band or D.J?
Yes you can bring in your choice of entertainment, we have the port for neighbours so no noise restrictions as such.
- If there is an issue with anything on the night who do we go to?
Two weeks before your wedding you will meet with our Functions Manager and she will tell you who will be Duty Manager at your wedding and who your “go-to” will be.
If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact us.